Friday 26 February 2010

What you gain on the roundabout you loose on the swings


My first Blog ever. Not sure why I'm doing this or what I might write about. The initial  intention is that it will be about posting images and talking about the images posted, but it could end up being about lots of things, who knows!

Above is one of my first shots (taken in January 2010) using the first (D)SLR camera that I have had for over 25 years. Way back in the days, I had an Olympus OM1, and did a bit of home developing (walk-in cupboard/darkroom) until someone broke into my house and nicked the OM. Since then I have had a few compacts and some compact digitals. However, it wasn't until last year and the acquiring of an Iphone that I started seeing and taking lots of photos again.

Now I know that the Iphone's camera spec. is pretty rubbish, however I've found by using it in combination with a number of photo apps. for me, it has become an interesting and expressive creative tool. Also important to my photographic re-awakening was Blipfoto. Sadly my relationship with Joe and the boys didn't last long (they didn't want me in the gang - I couldn't stick to the draconian rules and offended the inner circle) and The Iphone Project moved to Flickr and Central Station.

The Iphone Project continues (until July 2010, 365 days, 365 images), but now that I have a bigger boytoy the fun can really begin .... 

5 comments:

  1. Great to see your blog :-) I'm following.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome aboard!

    It's not a bad place...

    ReplyDelete
  3. How bitter. Also tedious. You did not stick to one simple rule. That rule was be pleasant. You tried twice, with two names.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jon thanks for the Welcome, much appreciated. Do you have connections with the other place perhaps? Bitter - I don't do bitter prefer to get creative! Some may consider tedious - I'll let you be the judge! There are no simple rules in the other place. I tried firstly with my real name and was ejected (how stupid was that). I re-entered annon (my only option) and was ejected again (51 posts later) when poked them a couple of times (pig brothers) and they twigged who northseatrawler was. Tried to engage with Joe in another place but he wouldn't talk. He may have come out from behind the wall but he's still hiding.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops! Sorry Jon just realised you and Anonymous are not one and the same. I should have known given that you are a friend of imp and the duck.

    Dear Anonymous, do you care to identify yourself, or is that not your way. If you wish to lurk in the shadows can I suggest you go back to the other place.

    ReplyDelete