Friday 22 October 2010

Bread

I’m back. 
Relaxed, tanned and wondering (yet again) why I choose to live the way I do in a country that’s so cold. I love Scotland (and Edinburgh in particular) with a passion, but I also love the sun and in particular the pace and approach to life that tends to come with it. It was the first holiday in a very long time when I was dragging around photography kit with a degree of intent, though time and time again, I was easily distracted, particularly by food and drink and a level of hospitality that invariably included both. 
A lot of pictures that need some time and thought to see if they make any kind of sense. Very few that could be termed ‘holiday’ snaps. I still don’t have the in-your-face confidence to take the street stuff that I’m after, though I’m trying. Still have a detail/composition obsession, particularly doors, windows, and decay, wherever I happen to be … what’s that all about!
The converted village house from two years ago was still on the market (I had a look then) and for a lot less. Am I tempted, you bet!  

No comments:

Post a Comment