Saturday 31 July 2010

Masters of 20th Century Photography



At the WESTON/wegman opening last night.


WESTON - There just aren't enough superlatives in the bumper book of superlatives to adequately describe this. The original prints (not the later reprints by Cole) from the whole of his career. Early stuff, Mexico, still life, nudes, early and late landscapes. Most of the iconic images are here. Wherever you are, this is one worth traveling to Edinburgh for (City Art Gallery, 31 July - 24 October 2010). Am I inspired, or do I just want to chuck all of my camera stuff in the bin (trash)!?
wegman - one for the dog lovers. Technically brilliant (especially the large format polaroid prints) but for me no comparison with The Master.
Can I suggest if you go, do the wegman first, have a relaxing lunch (at the City Art Gallery restaurant or across the road at the Fruitmarket Gallery http://fruitmarket.co.uk/), then ... WESTON ... take your time ... get up close ... you won't be disappointed!
www.edinburghmuseums.org.uk

The Iphone Project finished yesterday. 365 images, 365 days, all taken and processed with my 3G. Link at the top of the blog.

1 comment: