Monday 1 March 2010

Portobello Beach - Cold & windy (rain on it's way)


On AL today, using up a number of days before the end of the leave year. Long ride up past Balerno (on road) on a beautiful morning (no camera).  Just had lunch and now feeling a bit knackered. Catching up with uploads to Flickr and Central Station. 
Image from Portobello Beach yesterday morning before the rain came (more on Flickr). Cold, windy and my battery ran out. One of the few I took that was in colour. Realising already that I need more lens to get up close on some subjects. (see birdy shots)  

2 comments:

  1. I have a 200mm lens for birdy shots and wish I could get closer. I like the lines and tracks in this image. I have a soft spot for that beach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good beach for the vagaries of our weather and the changing light.
    Looking into the Canon EF-S 55-250mm IS, good price (Amazon) also the 75-300, but it is terribly expensive for the IS version

    ReplyDelete