Tuesday 15 June 2010

Silenced

These days you find them in every city and town in Scotland. Shops that have gone out of business and are up for sale. Suspect this one will be on the market for a while. Can't see that the charities will even be interested.
Lots of system problems at work today (also yesterday). Something to do with rationalisation/system alterations as part of the preparations for CS which is to launch on 1 July. You realise how dependent on technology the modern office has become when you can't access the servers or your email for over 4 hours, and everything grinds to a halt.
These made me laugh today:
Hitler gets turned down for Arts Council funding
Hitler gets feedback from The Arts Council

3 comments:

  1. "Artistic Quality" - can be a difficult call! How do you remain objective when opinion (in terms of the arts) is largely subjective. I can but try.
    Not sure if he applied as an individual or on behalf of the Third Reich. If the latter I would have questioned their approach to equalities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just find it a tad frustrating that so much "good" art is tarnished by that small proportion which is largely fuelled by bullshit and gullibility. After five years in various Art Colleges and over fifty years of living I still find myself standing open mouthed at some of the "Art" I have paid for through the various arts bodies in Britain.

    Do I have sympathy with the American collector (speculator?) who paid $5 million for a Damien Hirst dead thing in formaldehyde, only to have it rot two years later....?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's OK to come out now, the nurse has given me my tablet! :)

    ReplyDelete